The Auto Body Journal
In this issue of The Auto Body Journal we continue with our featured theme issues. Automotive recycling and recycled parts have been around for years but today the call for recycled parts use in repairs is more than ever before. We hope that you will find the content within this issue a useful tool in determining where you will find and qualify the option of recycled parts.
- We have two automotive recyclers as advertisers on a regular basis in The Auto Body Journal and they are showcased in this issue as featured advertisers with us. The first is aaa Auto Parts and you will find their story on page 6, aaa Auto Parts Turns 30 This Year! By Patrick McKinney. The second featured advertiser you can read about is PAMs Auto in PAM's Auto 2013 by Wes Bradford on page 21.
- Just like making any purchase, it's important to buy from the right source so when looking for recycled parts where do you start. Automotive Recycling Associations can help take some of the guess work out of the process. Learn more in Pre-Qualifing an Automotive Recycler on page 9.
- In The Automotive Recycling Industry, An Overview by D. A. Freedlund, on page 11 you can get an overview of the industry and dispel some of the preconceived notions of what automotive recycling is today.
- The Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) & and the Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) have a message about being a mentor and sponsorships for schools and future automotive technicians.
- The 11th Annual Race for Automotive Education raised over $7000 in their fund raising campaign to support the AASP-MN Automotive Education Fund.
- We hope you will find the industry press and product news we have included useful.
On the cover
Photo taken at Car Craft Summer Nationals 2012, July 2012
By Ryan McClellan